Dark Night Rises - Errrr it Sucks!


I don't really fancy Batman, but when all those movies were shown it is a must see. I started watching Batman movies staring Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and now Christian Bale.  It took awhile for this movie to be shown here in UAE, and since it is the Eid holidays, we gave it a try. Nowadays, I don't know much about Hollywood as I sink myself in Asian dramas (Kdrama and Dorama) and Asian Movies. This Batman movie is in my radar especially after a controversy over its reviews on rottentomatoes.com that one movie critique or editor was getting hates so they are holding up the review before the premiere.  I did not read any reviews on rottentomatoes which I usually do before. Taking into account that its a Batman movie with Christopher Nolan in it, it seems promising. I was hesitant actually to watch as I find being apathetic to the victims of the shooting in Colorado. But I've moved on and watched Batman. yay!


Our seats were taken by these kids who would not want to move. Luckily the movie attendants were so firm of letting them move. Honestly kids here in UAE have the least of etiquette inside a movie house. I don't even know why Batman's rating were PG13 and letting children aged 7 years below being admitted at a Batman movie and honestly, I can't blame the kids' restlessness because I was too (its not getting anywhere for 45  minutes). I've not visited theaters that often and they still doesn't change, kids no manners at all, unsupervised.


I don't know if my whole experience of the movie was ruined because of the kids or just the movie sucks altogether. It was like watching a Batman drama, rather than Batman an action movie. They talk to much and this cliche about bombs, nuclear bomb that is, is so overused. Though with a hit of drama in it, like the whole Gotham City will vanish and people raised up to fight, I didn't get the feeling, I was not moved. The whole fight scene with Batman and Bane with the mob is like what? aren't they supposed to have a big time fight? Like glasses shattering, columns collapsing, falling from one floor to another, Batman being hurt and almost a goner to a winner? And no Catwoman-Miranda cat fight?


I am with great people with me, with my favorite Garret's Chicago mix popcorn, and a bubble tea. Even with that combo, I did not enjoy the movie. BOOOO!


There are a lot of expectations that were not met, and of course that's disappointing, no twist, no surprises, bland. I'll just wait for Wednesday for my real hero behind a mask, GAKSITAAAAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment