Gaksital Fast Forward


Episode 22 just aired awhile ago and if you missed it, you can watch it raw here. Only eight episodes are left. Me and my friend Odie, probably Shaui too and probably everybody who is enjoying Gaksital, share the same sentiment that it will soon come to an end. We only have 4 weeks and we will soon bid farewell to our hero, hey a season 2 would not be bad isn't it? yay! I just finished watching episode 21, with a mask literally on my face, a mud mask!  Next paragraphs might contain spoilers.


As Rie/Rara/Ueno Rie becoming a real entity now, she is my favorite character now. I blame her for not feeling the romance between Kang-to and Mokdan. Though I was fanning myself with my hands as Kang-to and Mokdan have their moment its because I am afraid that Shunji will rush back to her room and see them together.  Well, Kang-to was in a way busted as Shunji halted the car and saw Kang-to leaving the hotel from his rear view mirror.

Oh, I titled this post "fast forward" because I am thinking what could be the things that will happen in the remaining 8 episodes and things that I would like to see. I am sort of  lazy sleepy to actually take some screen grab and react on some scenes of episode 21, so pardon me.

As episode 21 ends with Kang-to still fixing his uniform and wiping the sweat on his neck (Let me do it for you, I squealed), looking left and right, really careful, only to be greeted with Shunji sitting comfortably in a chair, crossed legs to complete the scene. Acccck! I wonder what Kang-to's alibi this time. Shunji is like 80% sure he is Gaksital.  I actually cheated, and checked episode 22. Heh! His not "caught" gave an apology for coming late. I am sure about the apology, that Hangeul I understand perfectly, but for coming late, that's a guess. hehe!

Fast Forward thoughts on Gaksital:

If Shunji suddenly thought of arresting Kang-to with a mere suspicion for a week, they will not encounter Gaksital, thus will add 10% more to his growing suspicion, of course the writers will not go there because it will simply kill the show.  I am giving 3-5 more episodes before Shunji learns about who is man behind the mask.  I am envisioning, having a sword fight with Shunji with mask on and later on it will be stripped by Shunji and shock will be all over his face and will shout and attack Gaksital and would utter while face to face with their sword crossed in front of their faces. Shunji will say, "You killed my brother and I will not forgive you!"

I hope Gaksital will end with Rie. Hehe.  The chemistry is great between the two. Can't we just kill Mokdan?

Katsuyama spoke some sensible lines in episode 21, I wonder if he will stay at Rie's side no matter what. Meaning no matter if she sides with Gaksital. I know he secretly love Rie.

Seon Hwa will find her love with the one who gave her the flag.

The count's son will become a freedom fighter also and will end up with Madame club owner.

It creeps me out to see Gaksital having a sword fight with the one who tries to kill Rie when she was still a gisaeng and the one who killed Kono.

Kishokai will be disbanded. Death, death, death.

Gaksital will prevail, and so is Joseon! It was not all in vain Gaksital! Come here and let me wipe your sweat again. Haha!

Things I love in this episode, the confrontation between Kang-to and Rie. I am glad that they don't talk too much. Just the necessary words to say that adds to the depth of the conversation. Shunji had the same kind of talk to Rie that surely stirred her, but this one is (Kang-to and Rie's talk) stirred by a mixer on number 5! Which left tears..tears.. and tears. I was hoping that Kang-to will wipe her tears but didn't happen. Second thing I like and brought me tears, is the waving of Korean flag during the welcoming of the boxer who won a WBO title which happened to be a Joseon, not Japanese.

This whole thing about being under a colony of another country in this drama, surely I can relate. It reminded me of Filipino heroes as well that sometimes I don't give much appreciation on what they did, and just enjoy the holidays to commemorate their deaths. "I deserve to die" ala drama. hehe. Seriously I feel sorry.

Happy weekend! Hope Eid will fall on Sunday! That will mean 2 days off! 2 days of Kdramas!

No comments:

Post a Comment