Eid Fitr Holiday - A Sum Up

Evaluating (evaluate really?!) ok, “Summing up”. I am summing up my holidays, to see if I did something fruitful. I believe that holidays should not go to a waste, first it doesn’t happened all the time, but if your in the Philippines you can easily plan your out of towns for a year since there are quite a few reds in the calendar. However in this part of the world, the Middle East is not keen on holidays. They do not have Bonifacios, Rizals and Aquinos to honor. But I fret not because in this part of the world, we have Ramadan that mandates every office to cut 2 working hours for a month! (tongue sticking out) and after the Ramadan month, Eid Al Fitr follows and its usually a 2 days off! We are lucky that the moon smiles so timely on a Saturday night to mark Eid and therefore Sunday and Monday was declared holiday.


I actually just got 3 days off, as I come to work on Saturday for overtime. My Friday is the usual whole day church. It is sad that we (the ladies) just rested, for me I dozed off and did not have a devotional. The one who is supposed to discuss being a virtuous woman is sick.


Come Saturday and I almost get a good news because my boss might not be coming to work. I reasoned not to come for OT stating that he is not coming. My friend said “might” and for me not to be cursed after for not coming by my boss, I came because he “might” be coming. Though he did not come, I forgot that I’ve got another boss that asked me to do a tedious task and ended up working till 6pm. I just reminded myself that it covers my utility bills a bag that I want to buy!


Sunday. I feel like I am in a “normal” country that day offs are Saturdays and Sundays. Nothing beats the feeling of going to church on a Sunday morning! This time we had dinner and a movie, which I already made a post how disappointed I was. We are all still full because of the snacks we had while watching the movie. Dubai Mall is a huge mall but why I find like 3 people in every square meter of the mall? Its so crowded and its so stressful getting around the mall and dine. We ended up with Uno and its sad that we did not get their signature deep dish pizza because we are still full.  I feel like cursing my friend for not developing his taste palette that we can’t eat to a restaurant that does not have steaks or burger. The diner is courtesy from Lai that got her salary early. Yay! Thanks Lai! It’s a thanksgiving dinner for finally getting a good job placement.



Monday. I woke up late and was surprised that Nerisa did not come to work as our boss is not coming either. Its 10am because I stayed up till 2am watching the remainder of dorama, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge aka The Wallflower (hopefully will do a separate post about it). Did some chores namely, laundry, vacuuming, mopping and waxing my legs. And yes, it’s a chore. Ha! I painted my nails too which is an epic fail because I was doing it while watching Dream High.  Speaking of Dream High, I watched episodes 1 to 9 and if only I don’t have to work today, I’ll finish till 16 which is another 7 hours!


Dream High brought me find a new KPop idol to stalk, Taecyeon! And I love Suzy now and it let me remind my love for KSH, I almost forgot how your eyes are to die for. For Eunjung, reminds me T-ara's debacle.


I made this entry for I am sad of people complaining about coming "again" to work. I mean, isn't a 4 days off is good already Gratitude people! GRATITUDE. Some don't have a job, just be thankful you still have one. After 40 days, another Eid! Eid Al Adha, I know their names because its a holiday! But as I googled, it may fall on Friday, 26 October :(. Now off study.

No comments:

Post a Comment