O Gaksital, Gaksital

We are back to the normal schedule, that is 2 episodes for this week. We survived the one-episode-a-week Gaksital!  The cliffhangers on both episodes 17 and 18 were so over the edge and doubted my mental survival.  As a withdrawal method, I shy away from any other drama, but keep Joo Won at bay, I turned into 1n2d.


[SPOILER ahead]

I failed to put an almost-recap post for that episode, and its part of my withdrawal. Episode 17's last scene was Mok Dan unmasking Gaksital and saw Lee Kang-to! After that, romance (a little kiss there, and a hug and assuring words to each other later on).  I am glad that the drama didn't go to the part where in Mok Dan's hatred for Lee Kang-to will be more that her reverence to Young Master. Its good that the drama did not go to complicate how Mokdan would know how Kang-to became Gaksital and have it straight from Kang-to which is more satisfying.




Its good to know that Gaksital now has someone new to lean into because the burden is unbearable. I cried terribly at episode 18. Not of Kang-to-Mokdan encounter but the people who supported Gaksital, coming into the venue where Damsari will be executed publicly, against the will of Chief Kono, with white garment underneath. Although very much aware that such effort will be vain, still they had their voices known.  I thought of how our patriots fought during those times as well, when our country, Philippines was also under Japanese Annexation. Our Gaksital is recuperating, from serious wound received from Rie's swordsman.


As soon as the commotion was over, a man in dressed in white, with a mask, comes flying from the behind and cut the rope that was around Damsari's neck. At first, what?! you are not supposed to be there because he will be surely caught! After seeing being shot from the leg, he was easily surrounded by the police, a bit rounded chin, ha! its not the real Gaksital! I was relieved, relieved that its not the real Gaksital. But wait! He is a suicide bomber! Dynamites were wrapped around his waist and one hand holding wick and the other a lighter, and then KABOOOM!



Episode 19, the one shown last night, started with the remnants of Episode 18. I usually hate it when dramas shows part of the previous episode, but this I don't mind. It is need to have the feeling when....the real GAKSITAL shows up! Gaksital shows up with a sword and ripped apart the Japanese colony flag. I watched this part raw last night, and quit because I would not understand a thing. Whenever I see Gaksital with all those maneuvers, I really hope that its Joo Won, because its so graceful.




Damsari and our Gaksital safely get away with the truck not a horse, but fake Damsari-wifey got shot and fell. NOOOOO! I already envisioned extreme torture!

Lee Kang-to showed up, looking fresh and stress free! I wonder what will be his excuse now. MIA for more than two days while the whole police force was in chaos.  He said a perfect excuse and can be understood by anyone, L-O-V-E, a broken heart that is. Shunji buys it, well since it means he will have a girlfriend now.


Before this scene, a very touching encounter, a hug between Damsari and still a masked Lee Kang-to. The drama did not show that Kang-to admitted bluntly to him that he is Gaksital. It was way satisfying towards the end of this episode that they are plotting together now! Altogether in one side, one purpose and one aim -- to set their country free from Japs!


There is a Mokdan and Kang-to encounter again at this episode.  Silent stare, so clever not to talk even though Shunji is sleeping. My heart stopped a bit and wishing they will not talk, they did not (thank goodness!) because I am sure Shunji is half awake! They talked only with their eyes, but they can't resist hold hands, and let go just in time before Shunji wakes up. 


They seem to lack chemistry. Haaayyy... I even read some comments that  they would not mind seeing Mokdan's character die at the end so that Gaksital can end up with Rie. Lee Kang-to, being a smooth operator approached Rie letting her know that he saw who killed Kono and realized how powerful are the people backing up Kimura and he wants to be in. Rie confused the whole time with a bit of liquor I supposed and Kang-to's flirtation. I bet its more of the later specially after a peck on her cheek from Kang-to. I literally screamed "me too!" Ha! the joy of watching kdrama alone, you can scream all the things you want, without humiliating yourself, but later on revealing everything on a blog post. hehe!



If I am Rie, I will stutter while saying, "Ye..ye..yeeeeees, I'll tell my dad and I will make sure you will get in" haha! But no, she show up the next day announcing to Kimura and the new Chief that she wants Kang-to in and she will tell her dad! I don't blame you girl, AT. ALL!


The most touching part of this episode is when Jeokpa, the fake wifey of Damsari was thanking Lee Kang-to/Gaksital. It flashed back to a scene where Mokdan rushed to their den to tell them that Gaksital is badly hurt. And as one of the comrade said that they better kill Lee Kang-to, she said "You don't know who Lee Kang-to is? He is Gaksital!" Thus the endearing words of thanks to Gaksital and biting her own tongue killing herself. Her words she said were so intense, it left Shunji to faint and roll off the stairs (don't worry just 5 steps).



What more can I say, this drama is so good! Tonight (earlier) Episode 20 was aired in Korea. 8 episodes left. Now that makes me sad a bit.  Tomorrow will be church for me, I hope I will not think of Gaksital till I reached home. By the way, Shunji's GAKSITAAAAAAL! sounds so good as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment