Tim Hortons - A Brief Love Affair

[gallery columns="2"]

Last Thursday, as we rush to church for choir practice and as I was listening to FT Island 's Grown-up while I am trying to catch up with Neri (who is walking so fast to get into Villeroy and Bosh for her uber expensive utensils).  I saw a line in Tim Hortons.  I tasted their regular coffee the first time I went there and it wasn't bad considering its cheap.


So that there was no queue, I quickly ordered a doughnut and I told myself that  will start with their basic doughnut.  The good old honey glazed doughnut!  I wasn't able to eat it that night so I reserved it for my Friday morning breakfast with coffee!  I was disappointed to see these curly doughnuts in which I though I just ordered the regular round ones. Oh what the heck I didn't check it so its my fault.  I put it into the microwave for a few seconds then began to eat it! Its heavenly! It was a good mistake that I was given the honey cruller!  I love how soft it is, and the filling, the filling of a cream puff!


And I literally said, "I found my new love!".  My friend couldn't agree more and cursed me for letting her eat a doughnut.  I right away took my phone (the only camera that I have, because I left mine back home in Philippines ) and took a shot of it and thought of posting it here.


When I find something good, I would have an overdose of that until I had enough and actually hate it in the end.  That's an exaggeration, rather it will take sometime before I will think about it.


So as I pass by the mall last Sunday, I decided to buy that doughnut again and was surprised to see theres no queue (we are indeed meant to be!).  I discovered that it will be cheaper if I buy it by the dozen (hello? its always cheaper by the dozen). So I bought just half a dozen and a regular coffee (the cheapest).  The other guy from the counter that served my coffee is courteous enough to offer me a sleeve since the coffee is hot.. oh how thoughtful.  It reminded me about that Starbucks incident way way back here in Dubai that I was so pissed and even blogged about it.  Going back, I waited for my lovey dovey doughnuts and before I go, I asked for napkins as I am clumsy surely the coffee will spill.  So the LADY (take note of all caps) pointed me to go to  the corner where I could get it. So I said "Ok, thank you" was almost singing since I have a good coffee in my hand and my six pieces of my lovey dovey doughnuts.  Until she muttered, "Sugar is also there, just don't get a kilo of it."


Music suddenly stopped, I cringed and walkaway.  It took some moment for it to sink in to my system. And it was like WHAT?! PFFFFT!  Some racist and what makes it worse is that it came from a Filipina.  I thought of going back to her and take a full refund. Some customer service.  This morning I googled (the darn receipt do not bear any phone number). Google did not help much then I remember that girl asked me about having a "Club Apparel Card" I told her I don't have my phone with me.  So I googled club Apparel then clicked on Tim Hortons.  I spoke with the manager. although apologetic but I didn't feel any empathy. He asked me what happened so I told my story.  I planned to nag at the manager but to no avail, he right away asked me to come back to their shop and willing to compensate the insult I got from my kabayan. Hmm I wonder if they will give the best bagel they've got or like a lifetime 50% off!  Tsk tsk why I didn't ask? oh well


What a sad sad experience for me, I was looking forward to taste their famous bagels (I love bagels) but having this kind of experiences cut the love affair.  I will definitely miss you honey crullers!


 **kabayan - simply means co-patriot, but usually refers to Pinoys (Filipinos) here in UAE, even other nationalities would call us kabayan (so much for etymology)

No comments:

Post a Comment