On Going KDrama Love Affair

Three weeks had past since the premiere of The Kings 2 Hearts, Roof Top Prince and Fashion King.  Love Rain followed after a week and so did Equator Man.  I honestly can be persuaded to see a drama based on reviews. I usually find reviews/rating (of 1 to 10) and recaps from dramabeans reliable not to mention hilarious which made me feel that as if I am the one talking or if I were to write it, it will be that way.

Let us start with Fashion King.  I have not seen anything from that drama except for the poster and teaser.  I promised myself to see it because of you-know-who.  Not Yuri dummy! Yoo Ah In!  I still cannot recover from his Sungkyunkwan Scandal role.  I know that his role in Fashion King will be very far from his villain-yet-lovable-enough-to-make-you-droll-character but still I want to give Fashion King a chance.  Mostly they say that "its all over the place" drama, no cohesion and dramabeans stopped the timely recaps.



Awwww, I was not mistaken.  I'm a regular at dramabeans and I was right that I did not notice any recaps.  It would probably end up like Dream High 2, 1 ,2 ,3, 4 then Series Wrap-up.  Meaning its a pain to watch and more so do a recap.  I still promise to see it though, Yoo Ah In, I'm not turning my back on you! **blink.


For those who wants to give Fashion King a chance, its up in dramacrazy all 6 episodes with subs.  Now why does its updated with English  subs while The Kings 2 Hearts isn't?  I checked the beginning of episode 6 and..and.. Yoo Ah In is so cute! (of course duh?!) haha!  You can also download it over at doramax264!


Next is Roof Top Prince not even a glimpse on this drama.  Heard Read its hilarious, its just that I had enough of sangeuks for the moment, I love watching a show with all those costumes! Its just overwhelming to me, not to mention the fusion/fantasy theme, for now I want to shove my interest on them.  Return of Iljimae  and Roof Top Prince, you'll be shove for the moment, Jung Il Woo, your still in my heart!


 Love Rain. Oh Love Rain, why does you feel like a serialized The Classic movie? And why it has to be Jang Keun Suk and Yoona?  The pretty Yoona.  I've seen one episode, I quit it because my laptop is not cooperating plus it doesn't load well.. the endless buffering of the video. AGGHHHH! Maybe that is why I didn't enjoy it that much.  The cinematography is superb! I heard the ratings were not doing well.  I hope less people would mind rating over how good the drama really is.  I can't comment much on this, since I blame the eternal buffering state of the video while I watched the first episode, to my growing dislike of the drama.  Still something I want to see, hello its JKS for crying out loud!


Lastly, The Kings 2 Hearts.  watching via online streaming is ok. The buffering is bearable.  I like Lee Seung Gi.  For those who are used to Lee Min Ho's face, Lee Seung Gi don't have that much of the appeal I should say, but I can't give up his dimple, his singing voice, and the way he carries himself in any outfit.  The cockiness he portrays suits him so well, that I would not see him doing an underdog kind of character in the future.  A lot would comment that they are fed up with that character, well I don't, because he does it so well.  I marveled when I see the jacket with army/military pattern but with ruffles! haha and yet LSG pulled it off!













Its a drama that's its difficult to drop.  Maybe that overrating it.  I like how the drama would want to discuss the NK and SK conflict and would wish of unification.  I don't know much of it but its saddening to see one nation completely divided.  They look, eat, and speak the same but would not be together.  Some things are better apart.  The SNSD thingy in this drama is so funny! A lot of symbolism that only one that knows about the whole NK and SK affairs would understand.  One comment I've seen in seoulbeats in an article "Does the King 2 Heart capture my Heart" from dkrvia


"3. The marathon scene
60km in 8 hours, are they crazy? Jae Ha was limping too, so that's no way he was able to finish the marathon. Of course not. But the real reason here: 60km represents 60years NK - SK have been enemies. I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of 8 hours. The only one who accompanied Jae Ha was Hang Ah (means that she'll be there with him throughout his tough journey as a King). The other members of WOC were behind them in the car (means they will be Jae Ha's & Hang Ah's back-support). Jae Ha was hurt (means his heart will be hurt as he steps up to the throne to be the King of the country). In the end, he finished the race with Hang Ah stayed faithfully by his side and his comrades behind them. " 


woah! That's big! Guess I need to read a little bit about the conflict.  I have to mention the creepiness of Club M president! Better see it to yourself.



Did it capture my heart?  A little bit... Who would not, its from Hong Sisters to begin with, the same writers that brought us "You're Beautiful" (if your new to Kdramas, its definitely a must see! )


Well, its not really the last, for my kdrama affair is also with an old drama that I'm lucky to get a copy thru torrent, its Flowers For My Life (2007) aka I Came In Search of Flowers that I considered watching because of dramabeans' rating: "Criminally underrated. Witty with a touch of dark humor. Set in a funeral home, it gives lovely, quirky insights on life and death. (10 / 10)"

No comments:

Post a Comment