Gaksital Brothers - Sobs, sobs and more sobs

May contain SPOILER, you were warned!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="823"] image credit: mysoju.com[/caption]

Coming from Queen In Hyun's Man drama hangover, I gave City Hunter a try but due to lack of focus, I dropped it. I just watched what I caught while our former landlady (now she lives with us) is watching it. She's so engrossed on that drama and even caught her taking a snap from her mobile the computer screen! haha! Ajumma likes City Hunter - a lot!


For my Kdrama saga, I choose Gaksital or Bridal Mask. A vigilante that hides behind a mask, a bridal mask. I remembered Zorro! Man this drama is like a 3-layer cake, a lot of story to tell!  Some say its City Hunteresque, but really I don't know where its coming from.  Although both were adopted from manga with the same title.


I am now at episode 4, a while ago episode 9 was aired.  I am 5 episodes behind, but only 8 were subbed till now. The woes of not knowing Korean language **sigh.  I thought that in this episode Kang-to will learn that his brother is actually Gaksital. But an equally painful truth Kang-to learned, his first love that he thought was already dead is alive and he is actually hunting her to catch Gaksital as a bait. He realized how cruel destiny is, his life is, he returned home, and poured his heart out to his hyung - Kang San.



He told his brother how he worked hard for his tuition, thinking that it will end all of their hardship.  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! But after what happened to his brother, he don't have any choice but to be loyal to the Japs, to live well.  I really feel his agony.  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I sob with them. I don't know why some criticize Joo Won's acting, I mean he is already good in Baker King.  I didn't expect to see Shin Hyun Joon (Stairway to Heaven and Marrying the Mafia series) in this drama, a very good actor. Another thing that made me cry is the love of a mother to her children.  Her prayers were all for her sons, for Kang-san to be sane (it will never be answered because he is sane) and for Kan-to to be good and that his punishment - all of it will be given to her instead. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!


There!  A very nice episode, which I paused to write this entry. BRB.

No comments:

Post a Comment