Getting into the Hallyu Wave

Ever since foreign dramas (thank you Marimar!) were introduced in the Philippines, sad to say that I never looked at another locally produced drama, except for Amaya and the Pinoy remake of Full House.  I might know a bit about Lobo (Wolf) which is a failed (epic fail) attempt to do a Twilight drama because our flat have TFC and I have no choice but to see it.  Though Twilight doesn't own the whole vamp vs werewolf storyline, but I believe that it jumped into the bandwagon, the Twilight saga.


Meteor Garden started it all for me.  Although that may not be Kdrama, but a Tdrama, it made me realized that my neighboring countries (Mexico is too far) have their own dramas too! hehe..  I really like dramas to the point of patronizing one drama that was being broadcast over the radio! yay!  I am so accustomed I should say in dubbed dramas, and at first I really find it funny as their mouth is saying something else that what I am hearing (I got over it after 15 minutes I think, told ya I like dramas!)


When Kdrama was introduced by GMA 7 I believe, it was their answer to the ABS-CBN's shooting up of its rating while having Meteor Garden.  I think it was Endless Love, one of the Season Dramas, and as the season changed, there were more and more tears.  I got an impression that Koreans are melodramatic, but upon seeing the comedies, and the other genres, I begin to love them.  And that's what you call, hit by the hallyu wave!  I can never look back now and one of the things on my bucket list is to go and visit Korea.


And so I've got some Kstuffs...




[caption id="attachment_1887" align="aligncenter" width="593"] CNBLUE! need to say more?[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1888" align="aligncenter" width="593"] Kimchi just 20AED for half a kilo, just across our street![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1886" align="aligncenter" width="593"] Freebies from Faceshop, they never fail to give me some :)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1884" align="aligncenter" width="593"] tea from Shaui :)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1885" align="aligncenter" width="593"] not all chopsticks are created equal so are the spoons[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1883" align="aligncenter" width="593"] Don't forget the V sign! from Samsung Digicam Manual[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1882" align="aligncenter" width="593"] Ramyun[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1881" align="aligncenter" width="593"] Trying hard to imitate a galbi set[/caption]

Yea, love of country, looks like I lack on it.  I am not proud. Blame the hallyu wave! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment