Strike 2 - Starbucks Dubai Bad Customer Service

I remember when i first gotten into blogging that one of my long entry was about how i got a bad customer service from Starbucks. Now Starbucks us not really my favorite coffee shop, its just that they are everywhere. I got over of that experience and started to patronized it again for its availability.

Got my usual iced Americano at starbucks. I was influenced by Yong and I understand why he loves it so much even that it is bad for his throat condition. This time it was special for I added vanilla syrup which is an additional 5 dirhams. After I finished the jumbo hotdog from fat burger I sipped into my coffee to my hearts content. But only to realized that its 90% ice!


image



I felt cheated and so I complained. Its not really a complaint but rather informing them that they put a lot of ice (more than the usual that I get every week). And add so I asked if he (the only barista there at that moment that I can speak to) was the one who made my coffee. He answered me coldly, "no" and smirked. Its like the very cold drink that I have because of the grande ice that they gave me instead of just an iced coffee. He forgot ownership. As I worked as a customer service rep, we were always reminded in taking ownership even its not yours because you and your other colleague are part of one company. And the fault of one usually represents the whole company and so taking ownership is important.

I really don't know the standard of Starbucks when it comes to iced coffee but based on my frequent orders of that beverage, I believe that they put more. Now I know that they are just probably tired its 7 in the evening on a Thursday night and there's a lot of people. And they are only three barista. All I wanted is an acknowledgment that indeed they put a hell lot of ice, an apology and even a fake smile will do.

With this experience I will avoid Starbucks for the second time for their bad customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment