Catching up - Big

As I want to write something my kdrama life which as I mentioned on one of my post is taking a quarter of my time and if that continues, quarter of my life!  No complaints there as I am really entertained and learn some things here and there, and probably a third language for me.  I realized that there's a lot of kdramas and in a year, they make roughly 4 dramas in one timeslot, and that is with different TV Stations not to mention cable TV.  So that tons of new drama for you! me! Before, I just pick what is shown in Philippines in Tagalized version (Tagalog dubbed) and since its shown in a slow pace with hundreds of commercials in between, you will end up downloading the drama.  That is never engaging as you will wait for the next Tagalized drama on Philippines local TV.  Now that is a thing from the past, as number one, I don't live in Philippines anymore and second I am a revitalized kdrama addict!  Now aside from kdrama, I have another life of course and with that reality, its difficult to be updated with the on-going dramas in South Korea that I hope to visit on April (shall I make some preparation now?).  My current kdrama love affair is Gaksital as you can see it graces my banner.   GAKSITAAAAAL!


I still have to make a post about episodes 15 and 16. Now filling in the gap for Gaksital aka Bridal Mask, I watched I do, I do that ended last week, now I am watching Big! Might see some spoilers.. you may wanna watch it on kimchidramas.net or dramacrazy.net



I didn't get to see Secret Garden, but I know that there's body switching.  Now Big have that premise, body switching.  At first I thought its gonna be like those things in Hollywood, one suddenly became an adult, but its not.  Though its a must see as it is from Hong Sisters - if you've been in kdramaland for quite sometime, you know who they are, my love for Hong Sisters dramas where overtaken by Gaksital and even I do, I do (which I regret now).


I'm just in episode 10, and so apparently they are "brothers", and their soul (I'd rather use that) got swapped by an accident. Gil Da Ran (Lee Min-jun), the teacher was engaged with Yoon-jae (Gong Yoo --haaar!) and Kyung-joon (Shin) was her student.  Now Kyung-joon I think when he saw Da Ran on the bus, he had small crush already to the naive and gleeful Da Ran.  O kdrama how I love it when you use rain + umbrella! Its like a cue that its L-O-V-E!


The conflict now is Ms. Teacher is actually falling in love with Kyung-joon with the face of two-timer-ass-fiance-but-looks-like-not0really-because-he-bought-a-ring (we have to wait for him to wake up). The drama showcases a lot of love story side dishes that are so intertwined like crazy.  Never seen a show with much "connected" characters: Starting from the principal and Da Ran's dad and her mom and Kyung-joon's uncle.  Dunno if that is really necessary.  The story of the PE teacher and Da Ran's co-teacher/friend "romance" angle is tiring to watch.



But overall its a BETTER drama than I do, I do for now (I just managed to watch till episode 12). I'm loving Suzy (Mari) and Baek Sung-hyun (Choong-shik).  I love the part when he rips off his school uniform ala Superman to show Mari the shirt she bought for him.  I hope that the story of these two will be good. Gong Yoo's aegyos are so adorable.




[caption id="attachment_2122" align="aligncenter" width="623"] Puing-Puing[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment