Goodbye Jeanette! - Reality Bites

As I sink (I think) a quarter of my life now a days to Kdramas and Kpop.  Its rather living in a fantasy and I must admit that getting into those things are just excuse of not facing the real deal. Today, I got a message, a very sad one that puts me back to reality. A message from one of my friends listed in Facebook (really how many friends are really your friends). Emer, an old colleague told me to look into the wall of my friend, Jeanette.  It gave me a shock to read RIPs, condolences and only good works about Jeanette.  I did not cry right away as I cannot believe what I just read and convincing myself that its not her, but it is.  I cried inside the toilet.  I cried because I will miss her. She is one of the colleague that became a friend. I cried because of regrets, I failed to see her the last time I went home for vacation. I cried because I do not know if she trusted Christ as her Savior and that I did not share it (salvation) with her.  She said that she is agnostic at one of our conversation, it broke my heart back then but did not press on the issue of trusting Christ.




[caption id="attachment_2102" align="aligncenter" width="401"] with Jeanette (left) at Vigan[/caption]

I suddenly remembered how she laugh, her infamous mole, how slow she eats, how tasty is her Bicol Express, how generous she was, how hard working, how fast she fall asleep in the bus station's waiting after I left her to get our tickets (which is just 2 minutes), that she is such a magnet of thieves, our days in PLM and of course in Informatics.


Hinetz , thank you for being part of my life, I will not forget you.  Its too bad that we weren't able to do some of our plans together, as I didn't know that we do not have much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment