Happy Labor Day!!!


All of us have labor woes.  Right now I have an outstanding request to my employer that the possibility of it being granted is dim.  Labor day simply means a holiday to me (well at least while I am in Philippines).  Every 1st of May the streets of Manila and other major cities in the Philippines will be full of demonstrators that are not getting tired to carrying placards and yell for a wage hike.  I wonder when will be a time when laborers will go the streets and simply thank God that they have a job.  I just actually thought about it right now and displeased to myself for that seeing the 1st of May to be an opportunity to really thank God for me being capable of having a job.


I thank God for my job, that I have a job, that He give me strength and wisdom everyday to perform my job.  Let us be reminded and comforted with the verses below.  Happy Labor Day!


Col 3:22 to 24 (KJV)


22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: 23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment