My CN Bluestorm Hong Kong Experience 8 Jan 2012 - The Good.. The Unforgettable One

Saving the best for last.. or rather for later.  Sadly for my first CN Blue concert was a mixed of good and bad experience. I was thinking that it will be a euphoric experience but it wasn't.


We arrived on time.  Due to the efficiency of Hong Kong's MTR system, and a lot of options in going into the concert venue, we arrived on time.  We were supposed to take the MTR to Tung Chung then take the airport bus to Asia World Expo.  However its already 7pm and we just boarded the train.  So we alighted in Kowloon Station and took Airport Express which we got a discounted fare since we are concert goers. As we arrive, fans are queuing on the CN Blue merchandise booth and fans are posing in front of CN Blue tarpaulins which I planned on doing myself before but when I was there, I said to myself its too much. As per the CN Blue merchandise its almost sold out even if its pricey. 200HKD for a shirt.  The next that happened was not good so I'll skip that.

Curtain falls perfectly.  Finally the long wait is over and this is it, its finally happening so happy.. I said to myself.  Right now I still have a vivid memory of how exactly it fell.  Now that's euphoric! haha (have a wide smile as I am writing this).

The first song.  Intuition. T'was unforgettable.  Seeing all the boys in the flesh, the crowd singing with them.. arrggghhh NICE!  During the concert I tried so hard not to view them on the screen because as for me it will be like watching them on TV or youtube.  I like Yong's body.  Like to see him not so frail.

Make some noise! In between song Yong Hwa said that! No need for him to say that actually the crowd, including me were already making some noise..rather noise!

Yong's Laugh.  There was an instance where Yong Hwa I think made a mistake.  He laughed at his mistake and continued to play.  I was so candid and I like the feel that other than giving us a show, its all but him and the rest of band having fun, thus making a little mistake is fine and can laugh about it.

Yong and Jong's guitars.  They changed guitars. So much for the comment that CN Blue is a fake band or a show band.  Although I want to see Yong play his white falcon Gretsch guitar, but its nice to see their other guitar.  That goes with Jong too!  Yong used mostly his Gibson guitar while Jong I think the Fender.

Min Hyuk.  I really have to give credit to this boy.  Often times I forget that there is a member named Min Hyuk. But boy he was good and have to really admire him.  I'm no musician but I know if it sounds good.  I wonder how he managed to play for 2 hours, no sign of fatigue, he plays hard till the end! He must have some invincible muscles. haha!  Surprisingly, he speaks English the most clear.  Sang a solo -- Star  from Heartstring OST.

Free clappers with lights.  Light sticks were sold out! But were giving away clappers which sounds annoying  in youtube. But for us who did not mange to get our CN Blue branded light sticks, we settled for the clappers anyway it has a blinking light! Truly a CN Blue memorabilia.

Jong Hyun.  He sang solos as well.  My goodness his dimple is even visible on where I am seated. I still prefer his voice over Yong (sorry mi amore). His voice is sweeter but of course Yong can hit those screaming part perfectly.

Headbanging.  Yea! Like a real rock star, it would  not be complete without and Yong Hwa had his own share! Pure bliss! Another funny thing was he complained about his neck and said he might need a massage.

English.  As I said Min Hyuk spoke English the clearest among the four.  Yong was lost for words and said 'I LOVE HONG KONG!'  dozen times.  The 'ARE YOU FUN?' or 'ARE YOU FINE?' of Jung Shin! haha! Its rather hilarious.


1 comment:

  1. [...] days before the concert.  I attended the second night of BLUESTORM in Hong Kong and its mixture of good and the bad.  Nonetheless it made me appreciate the boys [...]

    ReplyDelete