Ra.D

With my growing interest in K-Indie, I found Ra.D! Such simple name but this guy can do so much. Even with that statement, it still lacks the praise that Ra.D needs. I was taken aback from looking for who is Ra.D because of the name. You know how KPop mix capital letters and punctuation marks, anyway, I skipped the entire article in seoulbeats because of the name. And now that I would like to know more about Ra.D and he doesn't even have a wiki page. BOOOOO! A fangirl got to know his birthday, height and blood type more that his discography. hehe! 

How did I learn about Ra.D? Who is Lee Doo Hyun by the way, born in 1980, and debuted in 2002. My friend asked me if I know the background music on episode 5 of Dating Agency: Cyrano, kdrama that features SHINee's Taemin :). Yes I have to put a smiley face there! His voice is not new to my ears and got a few guesses thinking that its an old song. I googled it and found nothing. I told my friend to give it 2 days and soon, everybody will be asking what that song, and a kpop geek will say what it is and who sang the song. Well I was not mistaken! First, everybody is asking for the same song too! Well not everybody, I mean at least to those who is watching the show. Second, yes after a couple of days, somebody gave an answer, and the name Ra.D appeared! I was about to rip the video file to an audio file and take only the part when the song is being played!

The song by the way is "A Certain Heart Fluttering" (어떤 설레임), part 3 of Dating Agency: Cyrano OST. I like the song a lot, and I love Ra.D's voice! Apparently he collaborated with a lot of artist already and was surprised that my growing list of Kpop songs on my hard disk already got a couple of Ra.Ds there for I have IU, and Lee Seung Gi albums. He even got rendition of "Jesus Loves Me", a popular Christian song for kids and I remember growing up learning that song too! Its cute for it features a kid also, singing with him. 

I'm sure I'll not forget to buy his albums when I get back to Korea next year! I wonder who will be my next indie artist and I actually don't know if he is still considered indie since he is with Loen.

No comments:

Post a Comment