Big Baby Driver - A K-Indie Gem

I have a great find today and its Big Baby Driver! Okay, first the name is catchy, I mean these words "big", "baby" and "driver", if use them all together produces a curiosity to the readers. You'll get several  ASLs if you use that inside a chatroom. Its not your usual KPop name, you know the mixture of  capital and small letters and sometimes punctuation marks like SHINee, f(x) to name a few, not to mention that you have to know if you are pronouncing it right. Second, I was surprised that she is female, and third superb music!

image credit: koreanindie.com
So Big Baby Driver is an indie band and can't find a wiki article about her. ugh! Anyway this guy/gal wrote something about her (thanks!).

When you fall in love with KPop and you are a bit mature, the tendency is to dig more to the scene, thus finding greater talents than those on the mainstream. Well that statement could be entirely wrong for you, but for me it is so true. Although I am just a rookie on the KPop scene, I thirst for moaaarrrr Korean music.

I am a fan Sarah Mclachlan, Jewel and Fiona Apple, so maybe that is why I am attracted to Big Baby Driver's music. 

The first song that I heard from her is the "Tuesday Song", OST of King of Dramas, which I did not know that it was sung by her. Now Cyrano Dating Agency have several songs from her too and this is how I learned about her music. At first I was trying to find the background music on episode 5 (its by Ra.D, another artist that I like now) and find out about the drama's OST, and most of them is saying that they like the song of Big Baby Driver. I googled and found her other works which includes the song that I like in Joowon's drama, Level 7 Civil Servant, "A Stranger". I was surprised that I can understand her English. I hate to admit that most English on mainstream Kpop makes me cringe. I like "You Gonna Quit me Blues".

Tracklist:
  1. You Gonna Quit me Blues
  2. Big Baby Over 38,000 km Away
  3. Your Sun is Stupid
  4. I'm Leaving Here Now
  5. I Am a River Dolphin
  6. Constantly Vanishing Me
  7. Everyday Blues
  8. Marca's Wedding
  9. You're a Jumping Zebra
  10. Let's Breaking Down
  11. Tomorrow
  12. Singing for the One Less Lonely Mind

You can get it here. Thanks to this user on kiwi6.com. I'll buy her album once I get to Korea next year in autumn. I've got one K-Indie album that I bought when I was in Korea, its the second album of Urban Zakapa!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! will enjoy her songs. got introduced thru the OST for Heirs hehe

    ReplyDelete