Appreciating Nice Guy Finale

image from dramabeans.com
I don't know how you watch a drama, a Kdrama. For me I watch it as it is, and refuses to understand every detail and for me that is entertainment, less use of brain cells. However, as I frequently read dramabeans' recaps and my co-readers comments, I somehow see the need of watching into certain details of the drama, analyze it or even worse, rewrite the ending. For me that is not entertainment anymore. Or maybe I just lack analytical skills? is that bad?

[SPOILERS]

Anyway, Nice Guy, ended last Thursday and I want a happy ending. Kang Maru is such a nice guy to simply end up dead as a resolution for his character and Eun-gi live a sad life to simply have her love of her life dead. I just realized that only one person died in this drama, just the president.

The bad guys ended up in jail that in this drama crimes seems to have a lesser year of punishment. I was about not to watch the remaining quarter of the finale for my heart is already sore. Seeing Kang Maru, bleeding to death and lying on cold pavement with nobody around. I still wish to know some other details like most readers commented and even the writer of the recap, WHAT HAPPENED TO TAESAN? 

Surely, Eun-gi is not the president as she is now a shop owner of a rather not so nice pastries. Just finishing up that sentence makes me wanna go to dramacrazy and watch the last quarter of episode 20 for the happy ending part is rather short, though I am still satisfy, but I want more. The drama used amnesia sparingly here. Atty. Park while in coma made me think "Oh, he will donate something to Maru, for Maru to live" but realized that Maru needs a new brain or something. Not an eye, heart or kidney. It will be nice to see Eun-gi sensed that something is so wrong with Kang Maru and rushed back to him and seeing Kang Maru almost dead but she managed to bring him to the hospital and as he gain his consciousness, asked "Who are you?" to Eun-gi and his vision blurred only hearing Eun-gi screaming at him "It's me Kang Maru, Eun-gi-ya, let's run away..." 

happy ending!
image credit: dramabeans
Still I like the ending for it gave us a happy ending, seeing them in a peaceful countryside. We don't know how long Kang Maru had his memories back. But it doesn't matter for its back. The child which I initially thought to be their daughter, for it the name is "Kang". I am thinking, maybe one of the side effects, were remembering then, forgetting. Maybe at one point they have a kid, then eventually forgets everything, then remembering again... hahaha!

I forgot about the ring. So he had it all along. Such a nice background, and I wonder where it could be? As I wrote my FB status this morning (I finished watching at 4 am) I am with a big smile. I am so happy for Nice Guy, Song Joong Ki. Daebak!



No comments:

Post a Comment