That Infinite Experience: At the Airport

If you belong to a certain fandom, seeing pictures of your idol arriving and departing from the airport is a common thing. When your favorite Kpop group goes somewhere outside Korea, your Twitter, Tumblr and every SNS that you are on, you’ll get feeds of their pictures at the airport. I am always in awe thinking of how long they camped out on the airport and the trouble of getting to the airport. With that in mind, I want to experience it myself and have my own story to tell, thus this blog entry.



So its confirmed (thanks to Twitter @Arab_7INSPIRIT) that Infinite will land in Dubai on Wednesday (04 December) night midnight, its 11:50ish pm! A week before they arrived, me and my friend already talked about getting a day off on Thursday to go to the airport. I’m honestly half-hearted about it, for I don’t want to be disappointed (in case we missed them) and I am asking myself if its too much for me to do. Then come the day of Infinite’s arrival and we agreed to go to the airport. Twas a long day for me. I have to go home get the t-shirts and meet Haya (Inspirit that bought shirts with us) at DCC and hurried back home to sleep a bit. I woke up around 11pm, metro runs till 11:53pm so I still have a lot of time. I am hurrying to go because I don’t want to be seen by my friend leaving to the airport though she understands is tolerant of my Kpop fandom, but I failed. Haha!

Inspirits just outside the yellow lane

When my feet stepped on the Dubai International Airport T3, I still can’t believe I’m doing it but still want to experience welcoming my Kpop group. We did not find it difficult to see the Inspirits 9about 10) already there. At first we thought that we can’t get it to where they are at, but we managed to sort of join them. I think we waited for almost an hour.  I feel too much anticipation and disbelief… anticipation for seeing Infinite in the flesh…particularly L, to whom I learn and understand about the craziness over a V-shaped face and the disbelief… that I am really there, like a real fangirl! But wait I AM A FANGIRL!


Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddddd.. They arrived! Next is chaos! Okay, it’s not really a chaos, it’s a disturbance with order! No shoving, no stomping, just snap snap snap! The first Infinite member that I saw was Dongwoo. I only knew (name and face) L, Hoya and Dongwoo. Some girls handed their gifts. 2 members covered their faces with their hoodies. I was totally lost with the whole scenario. I don’t know what I am doing. Taking video or pictures or looking for L and trying to see the other members which were a bit scattered and mixed with their handlers and fans. And suddenly, it’s Hoya! I think I have to make a separate blog entry for him. I said hello, he looked, waved and said Hi! Now that! I didn’t expect to get! All I know is that I’ll be fighting with the other fans in taking pictures and video but that? That’s totally unexpected. I am usually shy with my crush and how much more with an idol! Whoa! And with that, Coby was sold, gone, sealed to Hoya! Of course I squealed omg! L was a total snub which is totally disappointing. But I kinda blame my friend for it maybe he got scared how she called his name! LOL!

Handsome Myungsoo aka L

We followed them all the way to the parking lot, still I am lost (next time I’ll have a plan). I just followed my fellow Inspirits. I bumped with one member I was shoved slightly by his handler but she said sorry and I apologize as well, but I am wondering which Infinite member it is.


And so they left, fans are still there admiring their idols on their cameras and sharing their encounters with their biases. As for me I’m still lost in oblivion. I laid on my bed at 2 am with a big smile on my face and a heart thumping for Hoya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment