That Infinite Experience: The Concert - One Great Step


It’s free! It’s free! The best things in life are free! It is so true for the Inspirits here in GCC! Still it’s puzzling and really at first we thought that it’s a hoax. We all know how expensive Kpop tickets are 200 USD on average for a good seat not to mention that you have to fight with thousands of fans for that good seat with a faster internet connection than yours and you end up paying the same thing, but a sucker seat. The first thing that made One Great Step, Infinite’s first world tour so awesome because it’s FREE!


As a fan girl, I have my concert paraphernalia – T-shirt (we designed and have it printed), light stick (from HK, thanks to a very reliable supplier), and nail art!


We met those who ordered the merch, had a quick pizza snack and queue! Getting in was a breeze. One thing complain though which I feel bad for even bringing this up since its free, is the layout of the seats. The stage was relatively small though enough for the 7 guys to move and do their thing, but the seats were extended too much on the sides and you’ll definitely get a stiffed neck after the concert. So even if you get the front row seats but if you are on the extreme left/right section, you’ll get nothing.
Luckily our friends got some tickets that were situated in the middle but on a farther row.  We switched because of the loser looks on our faces. MVs of Infinite were endlessly looping on big screen and screams from Inspirits is just common. I wonder what my non-Kpop friends think. Hehe..

The lights were off and the show is ON! Nothing beats the feeling of seeing the white curtain falls as it reveals the group that we are waiting for. I’ve been to two Kpop concerts and still the feeling is surreal.  




I was tempted to see their Manila concert video prior to the show and it’s a good thing I did not. There are a lot of things that I love about Infinite, things that I just learned on the concert itself. Their showmanship is not to be questioned, from start up to the end, the energy is there. The costumes, the dance steps, solo performances are awesome! One thing that I really have to give to Infinite is their ability to speak in English. It’s far from perfect but I can understand. The one that I wished for with the two CNBLUE concerts that I’ve been was realized by Infinite.



I luff this guy

The video montage is very touching. I mean if I am one of the Infinite members, I will realize how far they’ve reached. Gaining popularity in Korea is one thing, but it’s a different story for international fans like me. Kudos to Infinite!



One Great Step is actually a giant leap for Kpop in Dubai or maybe in the Middle East. The said event should open doors for more Kpop artist here in the Middle East. I hope to see CNBLUE, SHINee and EXO! Dubai will be the easiest I think. I will surely draw tourist from GCC.                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment