Drama Crack - Bride of the Century



This drama almost skipped my kdrama radar. When it premiered my heart and mind are on You Came from Another Star. How can I watch the finale? became a first world problem for me as for that day I have to go back here in Dubai and my flight to Singapore is at 8am – the time which like the drama had been uploaded and subbed. Luckily Singapore is just 3 hours from Manila and just after I landed in Singapore’s Changi Airport, I connected to their wifi and watch it… only to be kinda not sold on the ending, but its not the worst. 

Bride of the Century has all the kdrama clichés. Quirky-hardworking-pretty/cute-poor –good-cook lead female character, Handsome-stoic-chaebol, Scheming-almost-evil mother, first love, unrequited love, accident, and ghost – to name a few. But after watching the first episode, I was sold!I still don't know why. Hong-ki? The story? It just hit all my soft spots for a drama plus Hong-ki is here! Too bad it was not being recapped on dramabeans and too bad that subs comes out so late, like Friday's episode will come out Monday. I usually gets the raw videos every Sunday. I don't know how soon it goes available in gooddrama but since I don't have internet connection at home its useless and that adds my craziness in waiting for the next episodes.

For the mean time, its been looping in my ears, part 3 of the shows OST, Words I have Yet to Say. the preview of Hong-ki's version is flooding in YouTube! And yesterday I was trying to translate it to English with my almost zero Hangeul vocabulary. hehe.


Another thing that got me all crazy about the next week's all the time is the main leads' chemistry. They are so cute -- Lee Hong-ki (You're Beautiful) and Yang Jin-sung! I am not new to Lee Hong-ki's acting but the girl, I can barely recall her to any drama. When I checked her works, she was credited in Secret Love (a love that started from a lot of hatred drama that for me equates to crazy) and I have to scan all the still to know who is she there. Apparently, she was hit and run victim - the girlfriend of Min-hyuk.

(BTS) They are so sweet potato!
awww so cute and sweet!
I just love Hong-ki's face when he was saying "sorry"!
This drama is on its halfway and it will be just a little time till Kang-joo learns the truth about Doo-Rim. And just thinking about that makes me wanna hug Kang-joo.

No comments:

Post a Comment